Wednesday 1 June 2011

The Flamingo Hotel

The Flamingo

Flamingo Hotel, by the Lake in KL

I never stayed in this hotel before.. but my first time there was a good one.. located quite a distance away from city area, it gives that calm and close-to-nature ambience.. expecially when u take look outside your window aisle and see this beautiful lake.

28/05/2011 -  We were on our way to Kuantan when we made a stop-over in KL for a night. This hotel were chosen by my in-laws. They have always stayed in this Flamingo Hotel whenever they went to KL, so I was told. We were greeted with the warm serenity of nature upon our arrival. The facade of the hotel is very colonial and it does gives u this warmth..

The rooms were clean and they do have room for "solat" and since this is not a five star rating, well u have to iron your own clothes and they have this room allocated for ironing. Oh the rooms does not comes with ironing board, all have to be done in the "ironing room". The bathroom could have been a lil bigger. Its pretty small.. and its far from spacious. Still the bathroom comes clean. Thankfully.. hehehe..

They do have call-cabs services for this hotel.. unlike many other hotels in KL, when we use this "call-cab services", these cab drivers would end up touting, but not for this hotel. They only charged us additional RM3 on top of the meter fare. Good enough.. Generally if u hailed a cab within the city area in KL, u are bound to get tout by the cab drivers... No offence but I guess thats how life in KL is..

Had our dinner in Chillis, KLCC. As usual, being a popular choice for the locals and foreigners, there is a wait time before we could get our seats. I guess not all of us could get use to waiting especially when comes to restaurants... its supposed to be better than those "warungs". This time our wait time was longer as we requires more seats. (There is about 9 of us, if I am not mistaken) To me, for something good as Chillis, I didnt mind the wait.. cause I really love the food there.

 Unfortunately, we only have a night there and  I would say I did have a pleasant stay. Could be better though.. I mean I still love my stay in Maya. Whoopss.. pardon me, I just have to compare my stay!! I have stayed in many hotels in KL but Flamingo is overall pleasant but not really the best..yet! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment