Thursday 16 June 2011

Why KL?

Why I love KL?

I love KL.. many people asked me why I love going to KL.. Hmmm.. how do I answer them when I have many answer to that... Let me see..

1) Shopping

Ok the shopping may not be as GREAT as in Bangkok but with our currency doubled, it makes shopping experience a pleasure in KL.. Not all the things is cheap..some are still comparable to the ones in Singapore.. Only the goods manufactured there is cheaper than the imported goods. Big brands like Coach, LV, and many others are still within comparable.. but there is one thing that KL has and Singapore dont! Its Laura Mercier...yes they do have it there.. mostly in Parksons, Pavilion.

In KL, I have a few spots where I does all my shopping..

- Pavilion
They have Laura Mercier and Smashbox beauty counter, Stickys, Forever 21, Zara and I think most of the boutiques u find in Marina Square can be found here..at slightly a cheaper price (due to the exchange rate)

- Suria KLCC
They have Harrods, Godiva chocolatier, Crumpler, MNG and Isetan

- Jalan Masjid India.
Its like a bigger version of pasar malam..just that this opens from as early as 11am til about 7pm.. well known among the malays, Masjid India is known due to the Mosque located very near to this shopping area. If u have your aunties or mom on board in this trip, u can literally leave them here and they can shop in this lil town til they cant walk anymore.. there are so many shops that sell "tudungs" of all kinds..

Normally for me, when I make my way down to Masjid India, I would end up shopping for my mom.. I love buying her this tudung from Akel.. a lil fact from my husband, Akel is a product made in Turkey and according to my MIL, its a good tudung.. and I really like their design.. not too modern yet not too traditional. So I would spend quite a sum buying for my mom and my MIL. Nothing much for me though.. hehehe..

- Central Market
I dont really fancy this place cause its more of a tourist attraction and it does have a lot of those "angklongs" or those crafting or handywork.. I recalled my beloved brother loves this place so much and everytime I would end up having my afternoon tea and cakes in Secret Recipe. So its more of a place where I just sit back and relax.. :)

2) Eateries & Dining

- Chillis Restaurant
Located @ Suria KLCC 4th Floor just mext to the movie theater. They also have one more in Midvalley. This is by far the best dining for me.. cause I simply love the menu.. yes, I know Chillis is also available in Singapore when they first opened in Tanglin Mall and quite recently in Resort World Sentosa..quite honestly, I personally feel the Chillis in Singapore SUCKs big time! Service SUCKS! Unlike Chillis in KL, their services staff were very polite. Food wise, Chillis Malaysia got two thumbs up.... I love the chicken spagetti.. not mainly due to the spagetti but more to the grilled chicken that comes with it.. Its grilled to PERFECTION, Iwould say... :)

- Madam Kwans
Another nice restaurant.. serving local delights as well as western eateries.. Well served with standard service and food is simply niceeeeee... Strategically located at KLCC and Pavilion, it does knows standard and class! :p

- The Ship
Another restaurant located along Bukit Bintang.. Menu is somewhat similar to Chillis..just that it comes with a bar and some gigs on certain night and yet certainly on a weekend nights.

- Restaurant Berputar Menara KL ( KL Tower)
This is my second best place for my dining experience. Why? Firstly was the sentimental issue connected to it.. (*wink wink*) Thanks to my dear hubby.. secondly the buffet spread is simply superb.. simple food yet it does satisfy your tastebuds. I love how they would spread 5 to 6 different kind of cakes..and gosh they are DELICIOUS!!

- A&W
This is like soooooooooooooomissed by Singaporeans.. In most times, I pitied those kids who wont get to grow up and taste A&W food.. I love the curly fried and the root beer float.. My husband on the other hand, loves the waffle ice-cream!! Nothing beats their waffle ice-cream..he would say.. hehehe..

Gosh... see I can go on forever on why I love KL..But I think I stop here for now.. will update again..

Chiaozzz..

No comments:

Post a Comment